Thursday, February 02, 2006

Currently Listening to:

"Life During Wartime", Remain in Light, by Talking Heads.

I remember when Phish performed this entire album at their annual Halloween show (no, I didn't attend this one) and all the fans said WTF?!? But I remember seeing a quote from Trey Anastasio saying that he practically taught himself to play guitar by listening to this album. So, being a fan (in that I occasionally listened to their music, and was often surrounded by like-minded "fans" during my high school and college years), I had to check this album out. And Trey was right. It's fucking incredible, but moreover, the track mentioned above hints at possible reasons that this music has even more relevance today. The album is transcendentally prophetic, in many ways.

"And that's about all I have to say about that. . ."~F. Gump

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home