Thursday, February 02, 2006

--from Resistance’s Greatest Hits

"The following is a list, in no particular order, of those activities that most commonly elicit Resistance:

1) The pursuit of any calling in writing, painting, music, film, dance, or any creative art, however marginal or unconventional.


2) The launching of any entrepreneurial venture or enterprise, for profit or otherwise.

3) Any diet or health regimen.

4) Any program of spiritual advancement.

7) Education of every kind.

8) Any act of political, moral, or ethical courage, including the decision to change for the better some unworthy pattern of thought or conduct in ourselves.

9) The undertaking of any enterprise or endeavor whose aim is to help others.

11) The taking of any principled stand in the face of adversity.”


-->by Steven Pressfield

--Discovered through the lovely Greygirl, whom I hadn’t visited in a while. She’s been absent for a long time too, but her link led me to this quote, which I just had to transcribe and share (fair use, mfs). I edited out the parts that I didn't need to use, but they're available in the Amazon preview if you wish to read it all. My question to you is, "Can you dig it?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn said...

FM!!! Great to hear from you, my friend. It feels good to be back.

I've been attempting to plan some sort of comeback for a while now, but the more I planned, the more my plans led to more questions, which led to backup plans, and more backup plans, and more. . .until I spent so much time planning that I Did Nothing.

So, I finally decided to just get on with it, to start over, and to build a new blog.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn said...

Oui oui!!!

I like your new electicity-thingy pic, Jenn. It's been an unfulfilled goal, throughout my life, to own one of those contraptions. Someday. . .

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home